Monday, June 1, 2009

May 31 -2nd day of riding

Today was another banner biking day. We left Vacaville in the morning traveling through walnut and almond groves, olive groves, sunflower fields, strawberry, pea, wheat, tomato, and many other fields of produce. James saw lots of roadkill and would point out to all of us...cows, goats, fox,rabbit, snakes, etc. I just accused him of being hungry AGAIN! We can't afford his appetite... may started looking roadside myself! We traveled along putah creek and then an amazing bike path led us to UC Davis. James was in the lead...took a bit of a wrong turn but we ended up meeting Jonathan. More on him later. Had a great lunch on the campus, got James an odometer so if he goes ahead he knows where to stop!

2 comments:

  1. Throw out the camping gear and fill the trailer with food for James. He is a growing boy! Can't blame him for going ahead - he's probably hoping to score McDonald's before you catch up. Sounds like you're having fun so far. I can't say I'm jealous, though. Kate and I walked around Niagara for three days and we are soooo sore. I can't even imagine how you guys feel.
    Keep up the good work! Miss ya.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys look great. I always miss you but seem to be missing you more now that you are on the other side of the country. Moxie is gearing up for her vacation with Pilot. Everytime we say his name her ears go up. Promise not to take him over state lines. Really...I mean, I know Pilot would really like it here...xo KOD

    ReplyDelete

Where in the U.S. are the O'Donnells?


View Where is Rebecca? in a larger map