Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 32 - July 1 up the biggest one yet!

So today we rose early to get ahead of any traffic and heat that could impede our progress with climbing over the worst pass yet...11312'! We had to climb over 3,000' in less than 10 miles. Everyone was real nervous and I didn't like that we were leaving an hour later than planned. What a tough climb at least fir the older half! Rebecca said it wasn't a problem and James seemed fine too! There was just no break at all. I'd was beautiful but hard to enjoy because it was tough to stop and start again. Mike needs to spin quickly to get the momentum going to get his rig going straight so he can get his pedal grips in and I really don't know how he does it! His trailer is so tippy. I used it for one day in California and couldn't use it because I had no weight in the front end of bike. He really is a strong rider and complain a very little! I was the big whiner of the day... It's so hard to climb I soul say and James would tell me...it's not so bad mom! That's what it's all about! Helping one another when the other us down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where in the U.S. are the O'Donnells?


View Where is Rebecca? in a larger map